This description is intended to be illustrative of the major duties performed by the employee assigned to this position. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Projects Director. The role is responsible for maintaining adequate inventory levels, stocking the production supply rooms, processing incoming raw materials, managing materials in the ERP system, and completing annual physical inventories. Moreover, the role is responsible for promoting our mission of improving patient outcomes with high quality outsourced pharmaceuticals.
- Monitor all cycle count programs and ensure consistency and accuracy in same and identify all operational problems in inventory.
- Maintain records of all variances according to establish procedures and ensure accuracy of all product transfers from one facility to other.
- Prepare and update all required paperwork for vendor products and ensure accuracy in all inventories and resolve any issues in same.
- Monitor all procurement requests of facilities and ensure accuracy in all inbound inventory and maintain records for same.
- Provide training to staff on all payroll processes and make adjustments if required.
- Administer all return shipments of customers in case of any shortages and damages and communicate same to manufacturer.
- Monitor work of all inventory control personnel and ensure achievement of all objectives and provide improvements to same if required.
- Determine and ensure optimal security of all materials and arrange for all shipments as per requirement.
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of all inventory transactions and maintain records of all stockroom locations.
- Train employees and staff in all inventory control processes according to manual and update processes if required.
- Manage all communication with inventory control manager and make recommendations to same if required.
- Monitor all inventory control processes and documents all procedures to maintain all equipment and tools.
- Manage all inventory transactions and provide required feedback to team as required.
Inventory Control Specialist and Inventory Control Clerks
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- High School Diploma, required. Bachelor’s degree desired
- Years of experience – 1-3 years in a pharmaceutical environment preferred
- APICs / CPIM certification strongly desired
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines/standards required
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage time and adhere to time frames
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Computer abilities including data managing and shipping software
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of processing materials in an ERP system
- DOT HazMat Training desired. Works in other functions within the department, as needed.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods when required