The Setup Technician reports to the Facilities Manager and works both independently and in a team environment to assist in scheduling, executing, and documenting the equipment setup, planned and unplanned site maintenance activities. The Setup Technician will be responsible for performing machine setup on facility equipment. All work will be done in compliance with FDA, DEA, EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations
- Machine setup, in accordance with setup procedures, work instructions, and production equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- Review production schedule and follow priorities.
- Strong mechanical inclination.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications. establishing personal networks.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing assigned work in a timely manner.
- Maintain spares inventory.
- Participate in safety & EH&S programs.
- May initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- Hours may vary depending on business needs. Overtime mandatory.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- Organizational and documentation skills
- Detail oriented and has basic computer skills to organize planning through calendars and spreadsheets.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong trouble shooting skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to lift to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time when required.
- Able to work evenings/weekends, if needed, per maintenance scheduling and participates in on-call rotation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in facilities maintenance.
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment a plus.