The Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift) reports to the Facilities Engineering and works both independently and in a team environment to assist in scheduling, executing, and documenting the planned and unplanned site maintenance activities. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the setup of GMP process equipment and performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment. All work will be done in compliance with FDA, DEA, EPA, Hazmat, and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain GMP process equipment, parts, and supplies inventories. Includes process equipment setup prior to production runs.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications. establishing personal networks.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing assigned work in a timely manner.
- Perform building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and painting repairs as necessary.
- Maintain spares inventory.
- Respond quickly to emergencies, notify appropriate personnel, and follow safety and quality protocols.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as HVAC, refrigeration water purification systems, and production equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments, including preventive maintenance.
- Participate in safety & EH&S programs.
- May initiate purchase order for parts and machines.
- May author / revise preventive maintenance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Necessary Skills:
- Organizational and documentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and has basic computer skills to organize planning through calendars and spreadsheets.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time when required.
- Able to work evenings/weekends, if needed, per maintenance scheduling and Participates in on-call rotation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities maintenance.
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment a plus.