This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain and Materials Management or one of his/her direct reports. The person will work closely with internal functions (sales and operations) as well as external parties to ensure an appropriate and adequate supply of materials is in place to satisfy production and sales forecasts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF A PLANNER BUYER:
• Purchases supplies, services or equipment required for general operations and production including those identified by Materials Resource Planning (MRP), by the Production Team, and by daily part level reviews of supplies.
• Uses the ERP system to model MRP requirements.
• Collects and analyzes data on current orders, production levels, and sales forecasts to estimate future demands for materials.
• Recognizes and informs supply chain team members of material or supply issues.
• Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders via MRP to ensure purchases are made by Supply Chain.
• Assists the Purchasing group to ensure that the facility has the necessary materials in the right place at the right time.
• Serves as a back-up for any time-sensitive Supply Chain activities to include item allocation and picking for production batches, cycle counts, receiving materials, and inventory adjustment transactions.
Job Function List is not all inclusive.
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
• 1 – 2 years of related experience in pharmaceutical and cGMP manufacturing preferred.
• 4-year college degree
• Possess analytical, planning, risk-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Experienced with ERP/MRP concepts.
• Experience with Microsoft Office with proficiency in MS Excel.
• Negotiation -- Bringing parties together to arrive at best mutually beneficial solution.
• Able to lift-up to 30 lbs. unassisted and stand for up to two hours when required.
BENEFITS, SALARY, AND SCHEDULE:
Salary: $57,200- $65,420
Benefits: 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Vision insurance
Schedule: Day Shift, Monday- Friday