The Senior Buyer reports directly to the Senior Manager of Purchasing. The role is responsible for managing purchase requisition to PO process for capital and services, placing purchase orders and maintaining the right inventory levels.
Essential Functions of the Senior Buyer:
- Purchase materials, supplies/consumables, capital, and services at the right time, right quantities, and at the most favorable terms for the organization.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Track purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains an accurate database of vendor information and performance. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
- Interface directly with all departments within the company with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Maintain the correct supply levels. Must use data and information available to make informed decisions.
Job Function list is not all inclusive
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- At least 7 years in related experience in a manufacturing business, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Post-secondary degree highly preferred.
- ISM certification is highly desired.
- Project Management experience desired.
- Experience with ERP systems and proficient Microsoft Office skills desired, especially Excel.
401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Vision insurance
SCHEDULE: Day Shift, Monday- Friday