This description is intended to be illustrative of the major duties performed by the employee assigned to this position. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Senior Buyer reports directly to the Senior Manager of Purchasing. Overall responsible to procure goods, materials, capital, and services to ensure that Leiters’ operational requirements are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. The role is responsible for managing purchase requisition to PO process for capital and services, placing purchase orders and maintaining the right inventory levels.
- Purchase materials, supplies/consumables, capital, and services at the right time, right quantities, and at the most favorable terms for the organization.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Work directly with the Company’s ERP system to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of system data, and resolve any issues as required.
- Track purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains an accurate database of vendor information and performance. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
- Interface directly with all departments within the company with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need.
- Maintain the correct supply levels. Must use data and information available to make informed decisions.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate RFXs as needed.
- Maintain system records of goods ordered and received.
- Develop and manage reports as and when required.
- Work directly with Accounts Payable on invoice resolution.
- Recognize and effectively informs management of purchasing issues or concerns.
- Identify adverse trends and recommends improvements.
- Act in concert with Inventory Control to ensure production has the necessary materials, goods in the right place at the right time.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- At least 7 years in related experience in a manufacturing business, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- High School or GED diploma required. Post-secondary degree highly preferred.
- ISM certification is highly desired.
- Project Management experience desired.
- Possess analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and must be adaptable to change.
- Experience with ERP systems and proficient Microsoft Office skills desired, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong results orientation.