The Technical Report Writer will support the data reporting and analysis of the company by collecting, compiling, analyzing, and reporting information using various system tools and techniques. The position will work with internal (Operations, Sales, Production, Quality, Finance, Accounting) and external (third-party vendors) clients to identify analytical requirements, create and provide business data analytics and produce standardized and ad hoc data, reporting & dashboarding. DAX and SQL make up the most common languages in Leiters’ reporting space, and the ability to create advanced calculations and queries is a must have skill. The position will be responsible for the architecture, design, and maintenance of the systems and processes used to create reports and dashboards throughout the company. The Technical Report Writer may assist in developing or implementing systems to capture business data and maintain data quality and accuracy. The successful candidate will partner with internal customers, such as Finance, Production, Customer Operations, Quality, and other departments to identify, collect, organize and report key business metrics and will support the data needs of business processes such as sales & operational planning, monthly forecasting & reporting and the annual budgeting process.
- Work with internal customers to identify the data sets and metrics needed to support key business decisions with data management, automation and analysis via reporting and dashboards.
- Create and maintain the ETL solution to populate analytical data models from a variety of source systems within the business.
- Ensure data quality by working with internal customers, application vendors and IT resources to define data validation rules and manage (daily/weekly/monthly) the resolution of data accuracy/quality issues.
Reporting and Data Visualization
- Gather user requirements for data access, reporting, and dashboard development including frequency, format and route of access.
- Create data access, reports and dashboards using tools and techniques for data visualization that is timely, relevant and accurate.
- Work effectively with third-party vendors and various software publishers to improve and enhance data capture and visualization.
- Utilize available tools, such as email groups, SharePoint, and PowerBI to distribute reports and dashboards to users.
- Manage the backlog of report and dashboard requests by facilitating discussions of scope, feasibility, and prioritization with business users.
EXPERIENCE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of years of related experience, 3+ years preferred
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Moderate experience with PowerBI and SQL Server Management Studio
- Strong SQL & DAX language skills
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders including business users, technical application specialists and other team members
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and participation in multiple projects
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and collaborate with a variety of individuals to understand current issues and achieve business results
- Solid communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment